Title: Global Green and Healthy Hospitals (GGHH) Community Manager
Location: Telework within five hours of Pacific Standard Time. Office co-location possible in Washington, DC, Boston, San Francisco and Buenos Aires.
Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) is a non-profit organization that works to transform the health sector worldwide, without compromising patient safety or care, so that it becomes ecologically sustainable and a leading advocate for environmental health and justice. HCWH has offices in the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia, and works with health professionals, hospitals, health systems, ministries of health and international organizations. (www.noharm.org)
Global Green and Healthy Hospitals (GGHH), a project of HCWH, is a new worldwide network of hospitals and health systems committed to implementing a ten goal sustainability agenda. GGHH serves as a learning community for members to share best practices, while accessing tools and resources to implement change. (www.greenhospitals.net ). GGHH is currently building a social media platform that will serve to connect members, while catalyzing greater participation, engagement, collaboration and innovation around the world.
HCWH is looking for a dynamic, internet savvy international health and environment organizer to help lead the development of GGHH and implement the network’s engagement and participation strategy primarily via a new social media platform. The Community manager will report to the International Team Coordinator. This is a two-year, full time grant funded position with potential for extension after that time. HCWH offers a generous starting benefits package including health, dental, and retirement plan contributions.
- Recruit, engage and service GGHH members.
- Assure members’ active and dynamic participation in the global network via the new social media platform and other means.
- Work with a team of issue and technical experts to develop resources and activities that will engage and support members, such as implementation tools, webinars, awards programs, reporting and measurement systems, case studies and more
- Coordinate a global group working to achieve optimal member participation in GGHH.
- Engage and build a group of issue experts on various GGHH goals to support member participation in GGHH and achievement of GGHH goals.
- Create communications and training materials.
- Develop strategies to evolve the network.
- Collaborate with other HCWH staff and partners to achieve goals.
- Take on other tasks as needed.
- At least five years experience working on public health, healthcare and/or environment issues.
- Strong social media skills and experience.
- Strong organizing and people skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to travel.
- International environment/development/health experience a big plus.
- Multiple languages and cultural competencies a big plus.
- Experience working with hospitals and health systems a big plus.
Additionally, the Community Manager must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and interact positively and effectively with members, partners and coworkers. S/he must be highly motivated, organized and demonstrate strong time management skills. Fluency in MS Office Suite is essential. The Community Manager must be able to initiate and follow through on projects, solve problems and meet deadlines with limited supervision. S/he must possess tact, diplomacy, a positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while organizing time efficiently.
- Ability to remain attentive to details and identify resources for projects while maintaining deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully within a team.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to quickly adapt with minimal coaching to new situations, processes; ability to adapt style to meet the needs of individuals and/or the organization.
- Familiarity with the health care and environmental sectors.
Health Care Without Harm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Josh Karliner, International Team Coordinator, Health Care Without Harm, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only competitive candidates will be invited to participate further in the recruitment process. No Phone Calls Please.
Position Open Until Filled